With millions of websites scattering the internet, it appears totally impossible to get the attention of anyone that matters. Increasing organic traffic to your website isn’t as challenging as it may seem, but it does take the awareness of how search engines actually work.
While some search engine optimization (SEO) experts understand the importance of web traffic and organic searches, many don’t have a clue on the topic. Organic traffic is defined as ” free traffic originating from search engines such as Google”. It is the best traffic to get because it means your website is been visited by people interested in your product. With organic web traffic, there is no need for you to pay to increase your website ranking.
Tips that may help increase organic web traffic to your site:
1. Keep Your Audience Interested: Having interesting content on your website is important to keep organic traffic flowing to your site. This does not give you right to dedicate a section of your website to pop up anything crazy or meaningless, but it means that you should practice engaging with your audience as much as possible. Keep your article interesting enough that it can start a conversation.
2. Consistency Is The Password: Having good content is very great, but if you post sporadically, readers won’t trust your site as a place to find information. Try to post new information on some sort of schedule. Posting consistently will greatly increase your website ranking. One way to find out when your target audience uses the internet most often.
Posting at these times can increase web traffic to your site. Make sure you post new contents at least one or two times a week on the same day.
3. Learn About SEO: SEO is an excellent way to help search engines like Google, Bing, find out what your website is about and how it may be helpful for internet users. Including keyword and phrases can help Internet searchers find your content as it relates to their search.
4. Using Social Media: Using social media as a tool is important when trying to increase organic traffic to your site. Use facebook, instagram, Google+, Twitter, Pinterest,BBM or any other account you have to post links to your web content. Try to include a lot of links to your web content on your social media, but also be sure not to overload fans with it.
5. Summit Your Site To Link Directories: Link directories such as Google and Dmoz.org can generate some traffic to your website. If your have a website or blog, I would advice you summit it to blog directories like Technorati and Blog Catalog.
6. Be A Contributor On Reputable Sites In Same Niche: One of the unique ways to get traffic to your site is to become a guest blogger or contributor on a popular website in your niche. Being a guest blogger or contributor can help the website gain upper hand in communities they are aiming to reach as well as potentially bring traffic to the site. The backlink can positively impact the owner’s SEO.
6. Utilize Long Tail Key Phrase: Using smaller phrase can hinder your SEO as many other websites might be using the same ones. Building more organic traffic to your website can be achieved easier if you separate your site from the masses. If you make use of longer words for SEO, you will be more likely to increase your traffic.