Online videos has been making its presence known everywhere. Organization that does not regard the existence of video are likely to be in a dangerous situation. This is because online videos has been perceived as the future of content marketing.
According to reports from Cisco, consumer internet video traffic will go from 64% in 2014 to surpass 80% by 2019, with consumer video on demand traffic doubling by 2019.
YouTube is now recorded as the second largest search engine on the web, while video marketing is frequently an afterthought. Its value demands a frontrunner position in content marketing plan. Youtube receives more than 1billion visitors every month.
1. Improved SEO: Using video in your content marketing will improve your SEO. Adding video to your website can increase the chance of a frontpage Google result so many times.
2. Stronger Consumer Attention: Capturing consumers attention is particularly the key. Some people might call it content overload for consumers but videos has really shown to demand more consumer attention than any other medium.
3. Higher Engagement: Visual content is the masterkey to great engagement. So when you are considering what kind of post to schedule on social network, think video: audience are about 10 times more likely to engage, embed, share and comment on video content than blogs or related social post.
4. More Video-Favored Technology: Technologies are leaning more and more towards favoring the video marketer. Example, addition of Facebook’s auto-play. It’s very hard to fight that a status update to an article demands or needs as much attention as a video in your newsfeed.
5. Greater Optimization Opportunities: Its difficult to know if readers consumed your latest blog post. Ask yourself, did they reread parts of your post? Did they even share your articles with friends? Or come back to read it later and read again? Video on the other hand, has a feedback loop built in. “Feedback loop for video means you know what’s working and what’s not”.
6. Stronger Emotional Connections: Video is the strongest way to evoke emotions online because it offers attributes above and beyond traditional content like tone of voice, face expression and music. Evoking emotion in marketing has been proven to positively impact consumers’ decision making.
7. Increased Customer Conversions: Video converts more customers. Research shows that 71% of marketers say video conversion rates outperform other marketing content.
8. Better Email Click: When you include video in an email, the click through rate rises by 200%-300%. This is why heavy text based emails are replaced by simple but engaging videos. Ensure including “video” on your subject line.